Here is a really, easy protein rich recipe which is quick to make. Ideal for a healthy breakfast or a good alternative to having sandwiches at lunchtime.
What you need?
A handful of Spinach
¼ of small cauliflower
5 large eggs
Pepper & Salt
You also need a six case muffin baking tin or if you only have a smaller cupcake tin that will be fine, you just end up with a smaller muffins like mine above. I found this recipe made 12 small muffins.
1. Spray a little low-fat oil over the tin to ensure its non-stick
2. Tear the spinach into small pieces and add directly to the bottom of each tin
3. Use a blender to mash up the cauliflower so that it reassembles rice and add a spoonful to each tin
4. Whisk the eggs and pour equally over your spinach and cauliflower
5. Salt and pepper to taste
6. Bake in the oven at 200 for about 20 mins or until the eggs are set.
We ate them with baked beans which added some additional fibre to our lunch.
I would also recommend adding a tiny pinch of chilli, or a sprinkle of cheese on the top. You can swap the spinach or cauliflower out for other small pieces of vegetables, such as onions, tomatoes or bell peppers.